Friday, February 15, 2008

ARNOLD We Have Ice Forming On The Wings

Morning weigh-in: 155#, 10.5% BF
 
Return of the Rorqual Maru: Haven't been reading much lately, but I was thinking again about another of my childhood sci-fi faves, The Godwhale, probably the best book I read as a child. In some ways a very spooky story, it was basically about the death of the seas -- the destruction of all nonhuman life, except for the robot farms that feed the worldwide Hive of genetically modified super/sub-human "nebishes" -- and the gradual return of life, as seen through the eyes of an ancient robot harvesting ship and her allies (the small, savage bands of unmodified humans, and a few rebel nebishes). One more book that made me see things the way I do now.
 
Anyway, yoga last night, a really good vinyasa class with my old svaroopa teacher Debbie (she complimented me on my improvements, but then asked me why she hasn't seen me in her classes, sigh), then home, laundry, and out to the supermarket; dinner was pasta & tuna with wilted greens.
 
Saw another multi-vehicle accident on the way in this morning, same spot: the westbound portion of US22 at Cemetery Curve seems to be the buzz place for crashes this week. One new feature in my car is a thermometer, and I noticed this morning that the temperature was hovering right around freezing, not the best time to be speeding into those partially-flooded S-turns...
 
Tonight is the towpath, then I'll probably eat out. Tomorrow is yoga, the gym and maybe a road ride in the afternoon.

No comments: