Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God's Eye

Morning weigh-in: 167.5#, 9.5% BF
 
Interesting visual on the way in to work this morning: left of the sun was a sort of smooth pearllite cloudiness, like "here comes the snow" clouds, while to the right was a bunch of cirrus clouds, except that the cirrus stuff formed a sort of asymmetric fractal spiral, centered on the sun and spilling off to the right. Very neat, glad I saw it, left me feeling very mellow & peaceful.
 
Monday Night Ski Dork Club: Anyway, I got my winter look back. Dinner last night was a can o'beans and a bag o'salad, then I went up to Blue Mountain. I got there at 7:00, and got in 13 runs total. It was freezing out -- 11 degrees at the top of the hill -- and the place was a ghost town, but I kept bumping into this dude from Philly on the lifts, so we hooked up and skied together the rest of the night. Pretty cool guy, younger, some kind of microbiologist and originally from Hong Kong; he was better and quicker than me, especially on the steeper slopes, and I was kind of pushing just a bit past my comfort zone trying to keep up. Pretty neat, we hit just about every open trail including the terrain park -- he knew a couple of shortcuts to the quad lift. (Neither of us tried any of the jumps though.) We spent a lot of time on Racer's Edge and the Challenger, then we hit Main Street for my last run. Last I him saw he was working his way over to the other side of the mountain, since he parked at the top of the hill (not sure why anyone does that) and had to use the lifts to get back to his car.
 
I guess great minds think alike, since that's the second Monday night where I ran into "my people" there, and like the Pottsville guys the other time, and myself, this dude said he's a Monday night regular.
 
Loose Ends: Finishing off Mr. Leonard Pierce's visit to CPAC, here are Chapters Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, and the exciting conclusion, Chapter Thirteen. Brought to you by Sadly, No! where I go every day for better health -- and so should you!
 
Tonight is a surprise 50th birthday party for a friend's girlfriend, at Carmine's in Allentown. Never been there that I remember. I may make it an early evening because of the bad weather supposedly coming our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do think "God" is revealing his peace to you.

We make our choices in life and I don't think there are "accidents" in life, just serendipity. So the Monday night happenstances were "in the cards."

I envision the turn of events as the workings of "the great Math proposition" ever evolving & creating.