Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wow, That Was Bad

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 10.5% BF

Just got back from skiing. I was supposed to go very early this morning, like roll out of bed and leave, but I decided to dick around with the computer when I got up, and then I realized I had to buy veggies for the pot roast I wanted to cook, then I had to cook it... Suffice to say I did the things I had to do, but didn't actually hit the slopes until about 12:30 or so -- and by then the place was a mob scene, mostly teenagers and families.

Still it was fun, except for the part where I realized how much I now truly suck at skiing. I did about six runs on the easier slopes before I even tackled anything harder (never did hit the diamonds), and kept it slow and cautious. Things did start coming back to me, but I was sure surprised at how off my game I really was, and how un-confident I felt, too. Oh well, it will all come back I'm sure, and at least I didn't screw up too badly in front of those teenagers... Skis & boots felt good; I didn't notice anything amazing about them though, but I didn't really give them the chance to shine yet.

Anyway, I got out of there just before the rain started to fall, now I'm uploading Christmas photos (check 'em out) before yoga. After that -- well, there's a pot roast with my name on it waiting in the crock pot.

No comments: