Friday, December 07, 2007

Meet George Jetson

Morning weigh-in: 166#, 8.5% BF
 
Alterna-workout nite at the gym, then dinner at Which Brew. Killer conversations with Eamon and a dude I'd seen there before but didn't really know -- I think his name was Curtis. It was a later night than I'd planned, but since they close at 11:00 (though they allowed us some extra time for BS'ing), bedtime shouldn't have been too late, until...
 
The New Phone Books Are Here! The New Phone Books Are Here! Got home and there was my little package from Amazon, waiting for me on the porch. (I'd ordered two books off my wishlist: Essential Mathematical Biology and Matrix Population Models.) The verdict? They're awesome, everything I expected -- I should have done this years ago. The second book even has a Kandinsky on the cover... strange cultural pathways, that would put that on the cover, and thus make me think of The Jetsons.
 
Anyway, towpath ride tonight, then meeting up with a few guys for dinner and discussion of bike-club-related issues.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Early copy of the Magna Carta is for sale. It states the bedrock principle that no person is above the law, as well as the right of Habeas Corpus. With all that's transpired during the bush administration, isn't it a bit ironic that this document is up for sale? It's supposed to fetch anywhere from $20-30 million.