Saturday, December 08, 2007

Black Is The New Green

Meet the new car, same as the old car... I made an agreement to buy a Subaru Outback, the "basic trim package" with 5-speed manual transmission; color is "black obsidian pearl." Stopped in this afternoon at Faulkner Subaru, on the way back from getting a haircut at that new place in Bethlehem: Eskandalo, owned by a friend of friends, a really good stylist -- and I must say I clean up pretty nice when put in the hands of experts...

Anyway, the car I was eyeballing online (the only manual transmission Faulkner had in stock, according to their website) was parked right by the front door, and so the very first Outback I saw was the one I came to buy, and the one I ended up actually buying. I did not take possession of it yet, but that will happen Monday. I also have to get a check cut Monday for the amount of the car -- yes I'm paying cash from the credit union account, I cannot see a downside or any hidden catches so I'm going for it.

Last night was the towpath with Larry, then a burger at Which Brew but I left immediately afterward -- friends were across the street at Porters, my main destination but the kitchen there was already closed, hence the stop-in at WB. Bob & Karen, Doug & Lori, E-Rock, and some great music in a crowded pub -- a good Friday night! Only had two beers, one in each place, but it was a somewhat late night anyway, since my night had such a late start.

Early morning yoga (and I am glad I went though it was a hard hard wake-up), then breakfast at the Coffee Exchange where I saw Chris & Cara, nice coincidence since Cara's brother was the music last night. Then came the gym with Dawn, and after that all the stuff I already said.

Tonight is Which Brew (again!), Dan DeChellis Trio's album release party. Probably going to hoof it down there. Tomorrow is supposed t be freezing rain, so I think I'll treat myself to a "sleeping in and playing with the computer" day, or at least morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Nice vehicle! My hubby and I know how to drive stick, but I didn't think anyone cared to any more. Anyway, good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. 'Tis I.....Doug's mom.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
A good choice.
Many happy miles!