Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hey Hey Paula

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 12% BF

Ran into someone last night I hadn't seen in a while: Paula, who used to date Joe. (She's also my doctor's granddaughter.) Saw her in Which Brew at the bar, yelled out "Hey Paula!" and watched her look around trying to figure out who called her name; she saw me looking but didn't recognize me until I put my hand over the bottom of my face, covering my beard...

"Oh my God, it's Don Kelly!"

She came over and said hi, we got to talking. Married now for a year and a half, she and her husband just relocated back to the Lehigh Valley from Philly. She asked about Joe; I said I'd been camping with him recently (the BASH) but we really no longer hang out. She agreed he could be difficult, talked about the end of their relationship and how he was two-timing her. Even now, I didn't have the heart to tell her she was "the other woman" the whole time... Always liked her, even though I thought she was way too young for Joe (also too good for him), glad to hear she's happy and doing well, though she looked a little strained.

Colonized: One thing I told Paula was that I might be visiting her grandfather soon; I have a pretty bad headcold right now, bordering on sinus infection. I was supposed to be riding the Covered Bridges Ride with a bunch of friends today, but decided to play it smart and get some rest. I just got up, and the ride is probably half over... I'll probably get some breakfast downtown, then go for a short hike maybe at Wind Gap or the Water Gap, catch at least some of the foliage -- it's a beautiful day out.

It Could Be Worse: I was thinking about Steve Gilliard this morning, and decided to see how his legacy was doing, and there I found this heartrending post. That artwork is what caught my eye, but it really took me once I read the story. I'll be keeping that one in mind come Thanksgiving.

Legion Of Decency, Death By Misadventure: Holy Roller preacher, Falwell protege found dead in his home, no foul play was suspected. The Smoking Gun has an excerpt from the autopsy report (don't click unless you're an adult). Another one bites the dust, I guess... My theory? They're all pervs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have that sinus trouble again.
Dr Kum. used to irrigate sinuses.
I couldn't stand that so I always had antibiotics.
Is Paula's GP an ENT Dr?
Could it be dust allergens- you were doing a lot of cleaning etc?

Don said...

No, not dust. I'll probably write about what I think it was in my next post. My doctor is just an old-school family MD, good for some prescriptions if things get bad. Personally, I prefer the sinus irrigation.