Friday, October 19, 2007

Skyfishing

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 11.5% BF
 
Check out these photos and video of atmospheric waves. Cast your fishing line like a kite up into the sky, sit and stare at the slow wave...
 
Hit the gym last night, light, upper body only, and nonstandard exercises to boot -- a change is as good as a rest, or so they say. After that was laundry, and dinner at Which Brew. Quiet night there, almost empty except for maybe a few bartenders' boyfriends. Cool culturati, had some interesting conversations on music (bands I didn't know) and comics as the girls closed up. They all went over to Porters after that, but that change in the gym wasn't quite rest enough and I needed my sleep.
 
Still Screaming After All These Years: Still reading Gravity's Rainbow. It still kicks ass, even after umpteen re-reads. I also happened to look at the cover of Ghostwritten the other day, and couldn't help but notice the similarity to the cover of Against the Day, that doubling of the writing.
 
Tonight is the towpath, then maybe I'll check out the scarecrow festival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goes with Gravity's Rainbow which may have followed the bores!!

Don said...

I was thinking more along the lines of surrealism, dreamtime stuff, hence the slow wave. Maybe it's just me, but I have a lot of dreams where up and down get kind of confused, and this reminded me of that kind of dream.