Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday Night Wrap-Up

(Two days until the cast comes off -- actually, "one day and a wake-up.")

Let's see, last post was Friday...

Friday night I went out to Which Brew, 3rd day in a row there. It was pretty cool, not too crowded even for a weekend, lotsa regulars, and Ryan Carr's trio had a guitarist sit in for some jazzy goodness. Got home kind of late, maybe 12:30.

Saturday was the gym, then a few chores around the house. Though I get to the gym by taxi, my trainer Dawn has been kind enough to drive me home , and this time she had a gift for me: a special boot-like device you step into, and roll on the floor to work your ankle. She's aces in my book...
Later in the day I put on my old college bookbag, gimped up to CVS and bought milk and other necessities. Much tougher walk than I anticipated, another (approximately) mile-long walk but with a heavy pack for the return stretch, and the pavement on this route was not very even. Glad I did it though, and not just because I needed that stuff...

Saturday night was back to Which Brew, then over to Porters. It was that young girl Megan's birthday (she must be all of 24 by now), so a few of her friends, as well as some of the bartenders from WB, ended up at Porters forone last drink. They're all pretty cute & fun people, so a bunch of guys (including me) tagged along. Late night for me, I called for a cab at like 2:00 AM, finally got a ride home just before 3:00 from my friend Bill -- he manages Porters, stopped in as the place closed and saw me on the deserted street; we talked for a minute while cabs drove by, not picking me up. When he came out I was still there so he said "screw the cab, hop in." I was all for it.

Today I slept in until about 9:00, then just hung out. Made chili, which smells awesome and should be done right about now, dinner after this post. Tomorrow I have to go in early, so it's an early night for me.

Reading: The Broom of the System, David Foster Wallace's first novel.

No comments: