Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's Getting Better All The Time

Drove in to work today, which means I drove today for the first time since March 5th. Foot needed to stretch a little further than felt comfortable when working the clutch, but it was easy enough to do, and my driving skills were of course all still there. My friend/co-worker Scott showed up, on his bike, just as I was about to leave, and so I gave him a ride to work as well. (He used to live around the block from me but now lives in Nazareth, and I guess he realized he was running too late to continue biking in, took a chance that I'd be there...)

The secret, revealed: I finally figured out what all the skater kids in my neighborhood remind me of. They all look like, like... The Ramones. Healthy Ramones, at least, which is good.

Good meeting last night, even if the attendance was a bit light. There were only seven members there, but we had a nice dinner of burgers etc, then a meeting that I at least thought was very productive. We also looked at a bunch of Brian's Moab photos, and heard some of the stories. Got to show off my foot, got some more advice (skip the betadine, use neosporin, walk on it a little more frequently to help loosen it up). The foot feels a lot better today, thanks to keeping it limber -- and also not forgetting to take painkillers before going to work. Tonight I'll probably try to shop on my own, after some more chili.

No comments: