Saturday, January 10, 2004

Beer Has Calories?

(Morning weigh-in: 181.5#, 15% body fat)

Rode last night, not that bad though I had some respiratory issues, but it sure was cold. I was supposed to hook up with Joe but he went to Mother's downtown earlier in the evening and "peaked early," and by the time I finished my ride, he was back home in Bethlehem. So, I went over to Which Brew, had a Troegs Mad Elf and a Delerium Tremens (both in 10-oz snifters, I'm such a beer snob), then drifted across the street to Porters to catch a set or so of Leather and Lace, an acoustic duo that I like. Unfortunately I got there just after their first set ended. (I caught up with a bunch of people there though, whom I saw earlier at WB and told about the show, and who'd hurried over to catch the first set.) A Troegs Oatmeal Stout and a Rogue Yellow Snow took me thru the second set so I drifted on home... For some reason I woke up this morning a little under the weather, but I got moving; first to the coffee shop, then to the gym -- I'm starting the seasonal switch from strength to endurance training.

My next task today (other than haircut/drycleaning/groceries) is to get new eyeglasses. Many of my friends were ecstatic when I told them I was thinking of getting new ones (the ones I have aren't exactly stylish), and Doug said he and Lori would help me pick a good pair. I'm meeting them, and also Kris Rigler, at the Lehigh Valley Mall to make it finally happen -- if we find a good pair today I'm buyng them dinner.

No comments: