Monday, January 05, 2004

The Party's Over

Back to work today. But, instead of being stuck in a long drawn out boring day, I walked straight into an emergency! And it wasn't my fault! Dealing with a series of tube leaks in a header we supplied, meetings, research etc, took up the morning, then in the afternoon I started on the (rush) job that I'm supposed to be on. Union meeting at 4:00, the day just flew by...

Went to the gym after work. Colette, a riding friend from way back, has just started teaching spinning classes, and also switched to my gym, and has been bugging me to check out her class (I told her "after the new year"). I haven't done a spin class in years (and didn't particularly enjoy them then), but I found myself actually surprised by how much I liked her class. Well, Colette's always been pretty cool, so she's got herself a convert.

Today was also "Mug Night" at Which Brew: dinner discounts for Mug Club members on the first Monday of the month. They're normally closed Mondays, but the local PBA uses Which Brew for their monthly meeting, so they open for members as well. Typical Mug Club crowd; I met Brian there for dinner. He'd just come from his gym, where Colette used to work & convinced him to join, before she quit to teach where I go so he wasn't all that happy to hear my story... I had pork and saurkraut (traditional New Years Day dish hereabouts) and a Lancaster Milk Stout to wash it down.

And that was the end of my holiday... in the immortal words of Samuel Pepys, "and so to bed."

No comments: