Wednesday, January 05, 2011

That Was Easy

Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 176.5#, 13% BF
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 180.5#, 13.5% BF
 
Skip a lunch, go for a ride, and I was almost halfway to my goal! Too bad it was mostly suppression weight, but it is good to see the numbers drop even if they do bounce back. Damn you, Two-Brew Tuesday!
 
I got in a short towpath ride on the Monday night: maybe 13.5 miles, out and back to the Bethlehem Boat Club in just over an hour. Kind of easy pace, high cadence, it felt really good except for cold feet. Tonight should be a longer version of the same.
 
I felt pretty good on the ride, but I'm not sure how things will work tonight: last night and today I've had a lot of wheezing and postnasal drip problems. (I just stopped taking the decongestant/expectorants I was using, though not the antihistamine, and withdrawal was like I'd had 3 cups of coffee before I went to bed, plus some late-night nose & chest issues.) I'm hoping things work out.
 
More Resolutions, A Partial List (places I want to ride this year):
 
Jim Thorpe
Camelback
Tamaqua -- Bungalow Park, Burma Rd
R.B. Winter
Michaux
State College
Blue Marsh
French Creek
Wissahickon
Ringwood
Mahlon-Dickerson
Allamuchy/Kittatinny
Round Valley
Allaire
Harthshorne/Huber
Kingdom Trails VT
Stowe/Middlebury VT
White Clay, DE
Frederick/Gambrill MD
Patapsco MD
Slatyfork WV
Brevard NC
 
This doesn't count races, or road rides, o-or...
 

2 comments:

hmk said...

the year is too short for all your trips!

Don said...

Too true!