Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Groove Proves Elusive

Morning weigh-in: 180#, 11.5% BF
 
Two weeks or so since my last post, probably the longest I've ever kept my "mouth" shut... It feels like I haven't stopped moving since Christmas or so: Florida, Russia, moving out of the apartment, and last week I was in Indiana for work... Work has been particularly busy lately, every day is another Crazy Party here, constant whitewater and emergencies leaving no time to breathe, or even do my real work which is now of course behind...
 
However, I was home by Friday night, and that night we we met up  with the usual gang of friends at Brew Works. Saturday we went for a short ride, then an afternoon wedding in Philly, then out to the Funhouse  (a great night: packed, smoky and loud; sort of a punctuation mark, a closed door on the previous week), and Sunday was a Blue Sky breakfast with the gang, followed by a trail-care crew hike at Sals to take inventory. All in all, I think this weekend put a lot of things behind me.
 
Last night I rode the towpath, which was fairly OK (if a bit soft) for most of its length, except the usual super-muddy section near Freemansburg. (I only went to the Chain Dam, maybe 19 miles total, but the extra effort of the soft ground really wore me out -- I guess the month off the bike might also have had something to do with it!) Got up this morning and did a run with Anne, and tonight I hit the gym; I expect that I'll be able to get back to yoga in a week or so.
 
Since I will have to travel again next week, and there's rumors of more of the same kind of work coming, I think I'm going to have to become more protective of my ride/gym/yoga time. That weight's got to come down.
 

1 comment:

HMK said...

Hey,
Take care of yourself!
Rushing can make you sick!
Ask me, I know!
Talk to you soon.