Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Down To The Wire

I am moving out of my apartment this weekend, so of course:
 
1. There is a big snowstorm coming.
2. There was an emergency at work, starting last week, requiring me to work late so I couldn't do as much pre-move moving/cleaning as I'd hoped.
 
I think I'm in good shape though: most of my smaller stuff has been moved into storage, and most of my trash has been thrown out. As long as I can rent a U-Haul for Saturday (and manage to not crash it) I'm golden.
 
Meantime, I got in a decent road ride last weekend, 51 miles on a springlike Saturday. I did another tempo workout last night on the trainer, but other than that there has been no exercise this whole week -- too busy.
 
Not Too Busy: I've been playing with the maps again. I downloaded the latest demo version of TopoFusion and got it to run under Wine on the laptop (there are a few issues with the interface, but overall I think that it works well enough to warrant buying the full version), and I downloaded the latest stable version of GRASS. That also seems pretty good, but the new functionality I want seems to hang up when I use it on my Sals trail database -- I think the problem is with the database itself, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope today went well as could be expected with snow etc
Congrats on your move.
You'll be very happy with Anne in Bethlehem.

Don said...

It's (mostly) done! The move went relatively smoothly, and today I did a final cleaning and walked away. I stil have stuff in the shed out back, but that can be done next weekend.

hmk said...

Congrats!!!