Friday, March 12, 2010

Irish Neon

Morning weigh-in: 179#, 11.5% BF

Went to the doctor today, got a steroid blister pack and some new antihistamines. My skin has erupted the past few weeks, especially on my feet and calves, all bright pink and raw-looking, and she (the doctor) said it's not eczema or whatever, but some kind of hyper-reaction to something in my environment. The first step is to calm the current skin inflammation down, then go with longer term strategy of finding out what -- diet, soap, laundry detergent, or whatever -- is causing this.

Meantime, Anne's back from visiting Emmi, who was herself up in Washington visiting a friend. Tag team: I was out of town last week, she was gone this week, and I am off again next week.

Rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

HMK said...

That's how your leg was prior to surgery. We thought it an eczema infection.

You were traveling recently, so think hard what products or clothes rubbed legs or feet.

It's a scourge to be afflicted with skin problems.

I'll bet when Anne is back then you all will settle down

another part of the equation is that any stress felt by work or separation can wreck all kinds of havoc on your largest organ, your skin.

Wish it wasn't so.
Apply oatmeal baths
be gentle.
Keep it cool moist and covered.

Soon it will go.

See you soon
What new doctor? A dermotologist?
Is She well qualified?

Tara is always struggling with skin problems esp psoriasis. She tans in machines.
It helps but is unsafe.

Keep your ouw cool.
See you soon.
Love to Anne & Emmi

Someday we'd like to meet anne's mom.
I think I'd like her a lot