Monday, October 05, 2009

Some Loose Ends

Morning weigh-in: 179.5#, 12% BF
 
I guess that figure tells more about our vacation than any photo or 1000 words could... But, I took a bunch of pictures, from both of our rides at Tsali, the drive through Great Smoky Mountains National Park (and also Pigeon Forge), and of our "urban exploration day" in Knoxville, which included coffee shops, a lunchtime concert, and a visit to the University of Tennessee to see Emmi's research. I'll post them Stay tuned!
 
I took no photos, but we (Anne and I, Scott, Joe & Sally, and Donna) took Debby out to the Aladdin for her birthday. Lotsa great Middle Eastern food, plus a belly dancer, who was a big hit with the birthday party of 10-year-old girls -- watching them watch her was at least as entertaining as the dancer herself. She took out veils and got the kids to try dancing, and eventually Debby -- who actually knows how to belly dance -- and Scott joined the fun, and finally two drunk guys with napkins and bread baskets on their heads. (Actual Middle Eastern customers looked less than fully amused at these last two. If looks could kill...)
 
Yesterday -- after the traditional Sunday Blue Sky Cafe Breakfast --  was the Brian Hahl Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day over at Jordan, and I think it was a smashing success: there were probably 40 kids, ranging in age from 5 through their early teens, taking the skills test (a kind of obstacle course), participating in various goofy contests, and of course hitting the trails for group rides. Anne and I rode with my friend Ken and his 8 y.o. son Jake; we rode for about an hour ride, going maybe four miles or so -- it was so cool to watch him gain confidence and have fun as the ride progressed.
 
We stopped in at Lois and Cliff's later, but their dog was giving me some allergy problems so we took off a bit early. Home, bed, wake up, and now I am back at work. Sigh...
 
 

1 comment:

hmk & dfk said...

All in all, this was fun.
I'd love to read Emmi's research.
whenever it's ok.

Hope to go to POCONOS one wkend to see you two, the fallen leaves and have a meal together.
We're visiting K & A & kids for Thanksgiving 11/23-12/2
We're crossing the State of FL to visit F & P and see Gus, Tricia & sons * cousin Eileen too
Matthew made Eagle Scout- big achievement.

Again, did you get BC to get passport?
When did you two want to go?
I hope we see you first. I'm still counting on that promised BD dinner!!