Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Ocean Refuses No River

Morning weigh-in: 174#, 9.5% BF
 
You Can't Fight City Hall! Instead of going to work yesterday afternoon, I decided to blow it off in favor of a haircut, and some quality time with my laptop. Off to Eskandalo in Southside Bethlehem, where I had to use metered parking but the meter was broken -- I only found this out after putting in two quarters. I said "screw it," and went in for my haircut (which was lovely), and sure enough, when I got back to the car there was a parking ticket waiting for me on the windshield. D'oh! I called the number and complained, and got a phone call that the Bethlehem Parking Authority had verified my claim of a broken meter, and I was off the hook.
 
So I went off to Wired Cafe with the laptop after all that, parking in a metered space once again, over by the Brew Works. Did a few things (including posting more photos, check them out), came out, and found another ticket. I had a good run but I guess my Parking Karma had caught up to me: this one was legitimate.
 
(By the way, the laptop is still not 100% un-cranky. Still working on it.)
 
Listening: I told a friend I liked some of her music, and she got me a copy; turns out that it's the soundtrack to a prenatal yoga class. I guess my belly has been getting bigger lately, but still... (The title to this post is from one of the songs. In case you were wondering.)
 
Now I'm Somebody! Check out this article, especially the photos -- like, who took them.
 
"...the unimaginable Pacific... the hole left by the Moon's tearing-free and monument to her exile; you could not hear or even smell this but it was there, something tidal began to reach feelers in past eyes and eardrums..." -- Thomas Pynchon
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're famous!!

Anonymous said...

The CAT ride pix are hilarious- you sure have a fun loving group there!

I would die for that chocolate!
(and from it!)