Sunday, November 30, 2008

Little Willy Won't Go Home!

Morning weigh-in (Saturday, unofficial): 172.5#, 10.5% BF

Lotsa stuff to talk about, but I don't really have the time... Thanksgiving in Jim Thorpe with Anne's family, then Friday we went back to see more of her family visiting (she has a big family), preceded by a ride on Pisgah Mountain to get the appetite running again. Yesterday was yoga/errands/coffee shop/gym, then Porter's for dinner, a big chunk of the old "supper club" crew. Today we're just hanging out waiting for some baking to be done; we're leaving to visit the folks in a little while.

Listening: While we're waiting, we're listening to a mix some grade school friend of Anne's gave her at a reunion -- we just heard "Little Willy!" I remember playing that in the backyard with my brothers -- us as a band, not the radio or anything, and long before we actually learned to play instruments -- when we were kids. (Thinking about the backyard and being kids kinds of reminds me of this.) We were talking about those kinds of songs back then, and I mentioned Bruce Lee, and "The Night Chicago Died," and the way the 5th-grade girls would all do "The Locomotion" at lunchtime, like a total spontaneous dance craze.

Hansel & Gretel, Bloody Mary, "Hark the herald angels sing/ Mrs. Simpson's pinched our King," children's folklore tapping into some more primal, tribal self... I think I'll start a rumor that the kid in H.R. Pufnstuff is Jack White's dad.

Meantime, many photos got uploaded recently. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!
Beautiful vistas of mountains upon mountains.
Were these from the recent trip?

Don said...

Yes, they're from a place outside New Paltz, NY, called Lake Winnemaska State Park. That was our first day on vacation, an as it turned out, our only bike day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Don. I believe I've caught up on the photos now, as well as reading your blog entries. As per usual, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was so nice to finally "meet" Anne through the pics. I've heard only the very nicest things about her. You sound so very happy, and that makes me happy for both of you.

Big congrats on getting your bike photo published. The picture you took of yourself at the computer is really terrific....you're just beaming. Also, lots of luck with your new computer setup.