Monday, July 21, 2008

So, Where Were We...

Morning weigh-in: 164.5#, 10% BF
 
Oh yes, weekend report:
 
Friday night I rode with Larry. Not bad, I took out the singlespeed and just hamster-legged my way down the towpath and back. Porters for dinner, saw KEF and knocked some more beers off my punch list; I am now about a third of the way towards my 4th mug there.
 
Saturday was early morning yoga, then breakfast at the coffee shop, and then I was off to Bethlehem for the rest of the day. Picked up my bike (they just replaced the chainstay, not the whole swingarm), got my haircut, and hit Sals where the conditions were great but it was stinking hot. Home, laundry, then I met Anne for a light dinner -- she just got back from Tennessee (by car), wasn't exhausted or anything but we blew off that party anyway, show wasn't supposed to even start before 11:00 PM...
 
Sunday I hung with Anne, checked out "her" coffee shop (actually it was just Wired in Bethlehem; she has another one she goes to on Southside, her more regular place), did the "dog exchange" and went up to Jacobsburg, spent the afternoon walking and exploring Bushkill Creek. Fish in the water, bugs and crayfish under the rocks, many giant tadpoles, a perfect way to spend a hot summer day. Dinner was a burger at Bethlehem Brew Works.
 
Tonight I'm doing yoga, then getting my act together for next weekend, at least in terms of food shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend.
Bushkill Falls is beautiful- is the Creek an offshoot?

Don said...

Different Bushkill Creek -- same mistake I made when I moved here -- I drove around asking where Bushkill Falls was, no one knew what I was talking about! I think the falls are on something called "Little Bushkill Creek," a tributary of Bush Kill which dumps into the Delaware not far from that point, north of the Water Gap. The Bushkill Creek I was walking starts in Copella, goes through Jacobsburg Park, and empties into the Delaware at Easton.