Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You're Late, Where Ya Been?

No morning weigh-in! I forgot my belt and work badge too, so I'm shambling around with a "Visitor" badge as my pants droop, fit in well with the rest of the absent-minded engineers walking around here...
 
By the way, we are about to go to a 4-day work week (every other week) here, on a trial basis to save commuting costs. Starting in August we do four 9-hour days, one 8-hour Friday, four more 9-hour days the next week with Friday off, then we repeat the two week cycle. Our Houston office has been doing this for years; we'll see how it works out here.
 
Willy From The Auction: I was in Porter's the other day, the only seat was next to Donny so there I sat. He was voluble as always, and repetitive, and he monopolized my time and attention but I didn't really mind. One thing that caught my ear though, was him telling me that he never got back that CD he lent me -- I couldn't find him so I left it at Which Brew, knowing he would stop in. The girls assured me (at the time, months ago) that they gave it back to him, but now I hear that that might not be the case. Hmmmm...
 
I Know a Place: Speaking of Porter's, check out their new website. Nice!
 
Last night was dinner with Anne at CSH, and we also saw Judy, and Mike, and CSH regulars Don & Nancy as well as Rich and Greg with Greg's kids -- those guys were coming back from riding Jacobsburg. (We were going to do a road ride, but it was pouring, everywhere except the 'burg apparently.) Tonight is yoga.
 

No comments: