Friday, July 18, 2008

Here Comes Another Weekend

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 9.5% BF
 
My ride got skunked last night, when an end-of-the-world thunderstorm came pouring down just as I got home from work. I  guess I was lucky in the timing, but the sky (and the radar) was so ominous I probably would have skipped the ride anyway. I played on the computer for a while instead, but then that got knocked out, so I did a few chores before going to gain weight over at Christian's Spring Hotel, hanging with Judy, and also Joe & Sally. Interesting, Sally talked about Joe having a journal when they first met: he let her read it and she dove in, expecting to find all sorts of juicy details, but it was mostly where he went each day, what he did, what he had to eat etc. I could only laugh, it sounded so familiar.
 
I did the Porter's "open mic night" thing after that, stopped in for a bit to punch my ticket. I was sitting next to some guy, familiar dude, pretty regular there & a mug club member, and we got to talking. He asked me about how I was choosing my beers and I told him "well last time I picked Fibonacci numbers modulo 60, but this time I'm just doing the squares in sequence, modulo 60 of course."
 
Score! Turns out he was a math major in college, and in fact used to work as a cryptographer for the NSA years ago. Much geeky conversation followed...
 
Doing the towpath tonight on the singlespeed, then hitting Porters again to see KEF. The Turner is ready, so I'll be picking that up tomorrow after yoga, then while I'm in Bethlehem I'll get a haircut and go ride Sals... I saw my barber last night at CSH; she's throwing a party tomorrow night and I got the invite, but I'll be hanging with Anne tomorrow... I expect she'll be a little tired from driving across the country, so we'll see.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That "end-of-the-world" thunderstorm left the most gorgeous rainbow.......full arc with bright, vivid colors. So vivid I could actually make out each and every color (sometimes they're so pale you can hardly identify singular colors). After that, came the most deep golden yellow (almost orange) full moon I think I've ever seen. Joe took pics of the rainbow but not the moon. Wish he had. "Oh, what a night," as Frankie Valli would say.