Friday, January 18, 2008

Pearl Pink And Mercury Vapor

Morning weigh-in: 165.5#, 10.5% BF
 
Snowing on the way home, sort of near dusk, I caught a glimpse of that creek that runs along Ravine Rd. The creek was sort of silvery, framed by black trees, covered with gray sky and shrouded in snowy fog, but sky and creek had that slight pinkish tinge that snowfall-gray sometimes gets. Very neat, reminded me of some HDR photos I'd seen. I noticed that the sky was pretty cool in Phillipsburg/Easton too, more pink with a pearly vibe, but also a bit of yellow from the city streetlights.
 
Anyway, hit the gym on the way home from work, then had leftovers. I went out to Which Brew around 9:00, just to get out of the house and see some faces. I was worried that it would be empty because of the storm -- the parking lot was deserted -- and it was quiet but not empty; I had some pretty nice conversations with Perry and his colleague plus a few others. I noticed at one point that everyone around me were schoolteachers -- hmmmm, wishful thinking? Sorry fellas, storm's over, back to work...
 
The WB girls were listening to some alright stuff, but I had a hankering for Patti Smith so when I left I cranked "Gloria" for the ride home. Almost done with A Book of Dreams, by the way. Kind of creepy and sad at the end.

No comments: