Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kinda-Sorta Dodged A Bullet

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 9.5% BF
 
After my Sunday brain fart, I've been waiting for that "bad news of my own making" trifecta to kick in, and last night the second screwup struck: I went out shopping and when I got to the store I reached for my wallet (thought it was on the passenger seat) but couldn't find it. I tore the car apart -- nothing. Went home, checked my work pants -- nothing. Nothing on the floor, maybe it fell under the bed -- nothing, nothing on the bureau where I empty my pockets, back out to the car for more nothing...Nope, it's gone, with my driver license, plus all my debit and credit cards and I've got like two bucks in my pocket.
 
Luckily the car had a full tank, but that was the last place I saw my wallet, getting gas on the way in to work yesterday. (Fat chance for recovery if the gas station is where I lost it.) Checked the car again, got to work & checked the parking lot to see if I dropped it there, nope. I pretty much resigned myself to replacing the contents, cards etc, and trying to cash a check at the bank (with no ID) to get through the week; I was going to go home at lunchtime to get the process started. One last look in the car before pulling out and -- found it! It was jammed way into the passenger seat's hinge, black fabric wallet against a black fabric interior, but this time I saw it. Sheesh.
 
So I've lost a little time: the meat I should have bought last night, should have been marinading today, for me to make chili tonight/tomorrow. OK, no marinade, but we're back on track. Now I'm just waiting for that third shoe to drop...
 
Anyway, yoga last night, with pasta & tuna for dinner. Tonight is the gym, followed by leftovers and chili prep. I'm back into the matrix population models.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

luck was on your side!