Monday, January 14, 2008

Duck Duck Goose

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 10.5% BF
 
So two out of  three days seized ain't bad I guess, but I really did drop the ball yesterday...
 
Friday night was a great ride, followed by a fun night at Which Brew, as noted previously.
 
Saturday was the gym, then errands which included a haircut, so I hit Eskandalo! once again. (Kind of an impulse thing: they recommend calling for an appointment, but I just walked in and sat down to my haircut. I was pretty lucky, the owner said there was a three-hour wait earlier in the day.) Thus cleaned up, I went home & put on a collared shirt, then went back to Bethlehem for some margaritas at Spanky's house -- cocktail party! Greg & Laurie, Doug & Lori, me, Trevor & Christine (who I'd been calling Amy for some reason but we got that straightened out), and Rich & Linda. We hung there for a bit, then trooped over to Cactus Blue for authentic Mexican cuisine. BYO, but Spanky & Rich are professionals, and we washed our dinners down with more margaritas, or Dos Equis if that was your preference.
 
Meanwhile, back at Eskandalo, which has connections to the Which Brew bartender scene, I was told that bartender Andrea's boyfriend was having a birthday celebration while his band played at the Funhouse that night -- be there or be square, or something like that. So, after dinner a bunch of us went there to check out that scene too, even if we proved ourselves lame and old (Steve complained about turning 32, and got no sympathy from us), by leaving before the end of the night. I crashed at Doug & Lori's.
 
That was a pretty good blowout, and I guess I could be excused for slacking on Sunday but I felt good and wanted to ride. I had to run some unexpected errands (old-car-related stuff that didn't work out anyway), and that put me later than I'd want, but I finally got out to Lehigh at 2:00, only to discover that I'd forgotten my Camelbak. I guess I could have done some ride without food/water/emergency tools, but I also had no place where I felt safe putting my car keys. Oh well, put the bike back in the car, go home... Surprisingly nice day too, I was expecting rain or snow. Say it with me now -- D'OH!
 
Went home, read a little from A Book of Dreams, and played with the computer while doing laundry. (Been fiddling with video lately. Last week I managed to break my movie player, and last night I managed to fix it. Life goes on.) Sunday Dinner was at Porters, as is now traditional. Luckily, the Giants had salvaged the weekend -- that happened before I got there, but it was still nice to see the game highlights.
 
Yoga tonight, then it's time for chili prep -- the Chain Gang meeting is Wednesday, and it's a chili contest.

No comments: