Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back To The Battle

Morning weigh-in: 173#, 12.5% BF
 
Rode last night with Doug, at least for part of the ride: he dropped back and got lost, did his own ride while I cruised around looking for him... I did the Hellertown hill ride, but did the Applebutter Rd -- Rt 412 -- Easton Rd -- Saucon Rd "far loop" backwards, which is not the way I like (I prefer heading west on Applebutter Rd, which is an awesome twisty downhill in that direction), but it was still pretty nice.
 
Working Towards Something: I'm trying to get ready for the VT50, getting my cardio/endurance back up to snuff, while also trying to drop a few pounds. (I'd like to be 170# for the race, and it's a little ambitious but I want to be 165# for All-A-Muchy -- my real target race -- which is on Oct 6th.) This basically means I'll be doing a lot of road rides, especially hilly ones, to approximate the hilly but relatively non-technical VT50 course, and to get my cardio workouts in without beating myself up too much.
 
So, I'll be hitting yoga tonight (a solid workout in itself), but tomorrow will be a Harmony/P'burg ride as a gym warmup, Friday will be the towpath (um, it's like a road), Sunday will be an early morning towpath/Sals ride, and Labor Day will be... what? Monday might be a tough call, since I have a Sunday afternoon picnic/party to go to.

No comments: