Monday, March 19, 2007

Non-Attachment

Morning weigh-in: 184.5#, 13% BF

(Posting might get a little more sporadic, our access to this kind of internet stuff is now blocked at work, even at lunchtime, so I can no longer do my midday updates.)

So, yes I rode Friday afternoon, went 11 miles in just under 3 hours, last 2-3 miles being on the road: I went down the bike path to the new boat launch, then backtracked to the old Glendon bridge, crossed the river and took the bike path to the falls, then came up through town, returning on Northampton. Good solid ride, lots of resistance when I was off the plowed parts. After that I walked down to Which Brew.

Saturday was the gym (no yoga: I planned ahead, stayed out late specifically because I expected things to be closed), errands, haircut etc, then went to my friend Joe's St Patty's Day party (photos here).

Sunday was snowshoeing in Jim Thorpe. Beautiful day, and the snow was pretty to look at, but it was not ideal for playing in, either on snowshoes (too soft, melting) or XC skis (one skier told me it was very sticky, which I'd expect with all that sun & warmth). Oh well, Doug said XC conditions were ideal along the canal on Saturday... (By the way I took photos of the ride up, and they're posted on flickr as well; the camera's batteries died before I could take any shots in the woods.)

I happened to look at that Cancer Kids photo pool again yesterday, and that little girl Mia was there in some new photos -- she has acute myeloid leukemia, and she's had a relapse. (Just for laughs, Google "myeloid leukemia", relapse and prognosis.) It's not anyone I know, or anyone who knows me, but all of a sudden it was like there was no more air in the room. I had trouble sleeping, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did Google myeloid leukemia for relapse and prognosis. Felt like there was a weight against my throat as I read it. If it does that to me, I can't bear to think of what Mia's parents are going through. Hate the "C" word!!!!!!!

OT - Did you see Bush called Gonzales to show him support? Did you read Fitzgerald was "ranked" during the leak case among prosecutors who had not distinguished themselves? He's lucky not to have been fired with the rest of them. I hope that makes the fire in his belly burn even hotter in getting those responsible properly prosecuted...but I still have my doubts.

Anonymous said...

ETA - The ranking placed Fitzgerald below "strong U.S. Attorneys...who exhibited loyalty" to the administration but above "weak U.S. Attorneys who...chafed against Administration initiatives, etc.," according to Justice documents.
Two prosecutors who received the same ranking as Fitzgerald were later fired, documents show.

Anonymous said...

The White House will allow Rove and Miers to be interviewed by committees probing the firings of U.S. Attorneys......BUT they will not testify under oath!!!

Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

See what I mean about nothing they do catching up with them?!?!

Don said...

Fitzgerald is basically considered the best prosecuting attorney in the country; that's why he got the job in Chicago, to be the new "untouchable" sent in to drain the swamp of corruption there. Meantime, Schumer said "thanks but no thanks" to the White House testimony offer. Everybody knows what's up on this one.