Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Watersleep To Firewaking

Morning weigh-in: 183.5#, 13.5% BF

"The green cusp, dreaming fishes to young ram, watersleep to firewaking..." -- Thomas Pynchon

So it's the vernal equinox, when you can stand an egg on its end, or something like that. But now its springtime.

Yoga tonight, yoga last night; tomorrow is the Chain Gang meeting. Potluck dinner, I'm making bean and tomato stew in the crock pot, though I think quite a few are bringing chili.

More bad news: My friend Mike B (not my high school buddy, a neighbor and riding partner) hasn't been around much lately, and today he called to tell me why: he has cancer. I didn't ask what he had, and he said he's mainly been getting tests right now, no chemo or other treatment yet. Few years younger than me, wife, two kids. Oh man...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Don. That really rots. I hope he beats the monster.

D&L are making chili for the meeting.....at least last time I heard, that's what they were doing.

Anonymous said...

Tribe Opens Grand Canyon Skywalk -
first walk photo

(Don't forget to scroll down and launch the slide show to see the beautiful scenery.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17707007/?GT1=9145

Anonymous said...

check my 3/16 comment

Anonymous said...

Sad news. Elizabeth Edwards' cancer has returned. It's now in one of her ribs. My understanding is she will need cancer treatment the rest of her life. What a loving couple they are. They're going to continue with the campaign as best they can, but John made it clear his top priority is to stand by his wife. She's behaving so courageously, it's amazing. They seem like such a refreshing change away from the typical political family. I, for one, would be proud to call them our first family. I wish them miracles.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your neighbor Mike.
Cancer is such a terrible disease.
There have been so many close friends & family members that lost their battle with it.
Perhaps there are some more promising treatments now that help prolong life and relieve symptoms.
That's a very hard & frightening problem for your neighbors; I wish them the best in dealing with this.

Don said...

Hi Mom, sorry didn't get back to you but I really can't think of anything I might want for my birthday. I'll update the list & remove things I already have.