Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Bugs Of August

Morning weigh-in: 179#, 12% BF
Blood Pressure: 123/75, 68 BPM

Wow! Yoga spanked me last night. No doubt it was partly due to the heat (I was pouring sweat), and I think part of it was that the standards were higher than usual last night -- there were only two others in the class, and they weren't really beginners -- but I also had positional vertigo problems partway through, and that really makes yoga impossible. I may have to put it aside for a while if the ear/balance problem is really about to manifest. (I wonder what gives? My nose & sinuses have been pretty good for months, but then again I've been on antibiotics for months...) Be that as it may, I notice that the classes have not been getting easier. Looks like the same old dynamic: I'll have to do my homework, put in a whole lot more effort than I have been, to reap the rewards.

Got home, actually felt kind of sick so dinner was a bowl of cereal and I went to bed by 8:30.

(Just thought I'd mention that I have been getting some rewards from the yoga already: I seem to have a better feel for my body, especially breathing and posture, and I've had to adjust my rear-view mirror in the car since I'm sitting taller & straighter. After Sunday's ride though, I had to move the mirror back lower, since I was pretty beat down & slumping again.)

Slept with all the windows open and two fans on me, awoke to the sound of cicadas in the trees. We're into the second half of summer, summer in earnest...

Tonight is a towpath ride, and I may include a dip in the river, followed by more dirty rice or maybe that tuna.

Reading: Been browsing through Bacon's Essays, just read "Of Seditions" this morning. It made me late for work, it was so good.

No comments: