Monday, July 17, 2006

I Think I'm Back To Normal

Morning weigh-in: 181#, 12% BF
Blood Pressure: 125/74

Friday night was Which Brew after a road ride. The ride was my old "northern benchmark," the standard or shorter version: up Rt 611 to Mud Run, then back along Rt 191 & Sullivan Trail to Bushkill. I didn't feel particularly strong or fast, but my final time was 1:36, which is actually not bad. WB wasn't so good though; I had some kind of heartburn or irritation going on, had only one beer, doggy-bagged my dinner and went home. Too bad, because there were a lot of cool people I would have liked to hang with...

Saturday morning was an Allamuchy ride. I carpooled down with Doug, stopping for breakfast at key City Diner which was better than I would have expected. In the woods: I felt strong for the first hour or so of riding, but then faded fast. At about the seven mile mark, I took a shortcut back to the trailhead for a total of 10 miles -- actually, that's the furthest I've ridden so far on "real trails."

Doug & Rich stopped by my place later in the day (after they finished the rest of the ride, and got some lunch) and we went to Which Brew for an after-ride beer and some of K-Jo's signature abuse...

Saturday night, back to WB, I think mainly to prove a point.

Sunday was a ride at Jacobsburg, followed by chores (laundry, shopping). For dinner I made tuna scampi w/ wilted greens, followed it with a dessert of strawberries, blueberries & grapes -- I'm all about the modular fruit -- and prepared Bavarian Pork Chops in the crock pot for tonight. I added some sliced apples and a little beer to the recipe this time, we'll see how it comes out. Between work and dinner though, will be "active rest" with a yoga class.

No comments: