Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well, Guess Who Needs Another Operation

Morning weigh-in: 181#, 8% BF

Things were looking pretty good, lotsa mobility and the wounds were finally closed and healing, but then this weekend the situation took a turn for the worse: I started getting inflamed, then I got a discharge, which eventually became pus. (I am eating lunch as I write this, so I won't be dwelling on what I saw.) It looked kind of bad yesterday morning, so I called the doctor to see if I could get more antibiotics, and instead was told "the doctor will see you today." Skip out of work, go to the doctor, he looks at the leg and says an oral antibiotic will not be enough -- I will need to have the wound re-opened and cleaned, then spend some time in the hospital getting an antibiotic IV drip -- I go back in on Thursday. Shit.

Worst case scenario, I may need to have a "pick line" installed for home antibiotic IV (goodbye cycling for this year), and may also have the leg wound left open, so it can be regularly cleaned etc, then get skin grafts at some later date. Shit shit shit, shit shit and shit.

Anyway, deal.

Last night I went to Jordan, walked the trails there until the VMB meeting, which was surprisingly fruitful. Meeting was 7:00 to maybe 8:00, when it started to get cold & dark. After the meeting, I met Doug & Lori for dinner at JP McGrady's, then went home and prepped the pot roast. I will be eating that tonight, unless the crock pot burns the house down...

No comments: