Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Word For World Is Forest

Just got back from a short walk: waiting for the cafeteria to open, I walked out the front door of the building, around and and back in at the side door, past a bunch of flowering, landscaper-planted trees, maybe apple. Nice scent in the air from the flowers, a little like being in the woods when the mountain laurel blooms. (I was disappointed that I couldn't watch spring come this year, except for looking at it from passing car windows. Luckily, the mountain laurel isn't for another month.) I think I'll go for a ride tonight, obviously something easy but I'll definitely be down to check out the river & towpath.

Dinner tonight will be Bavarian Pork Chops, slow-cooking away as we speak, so it should be done when I get home. I did a food run last night, bought another month's supply of meat, plus an extra pork tenderloin, which I'll bring to that dude Andrew's "Drinking and Smoking" party. (He's supplying a keg, but all guests have to bring some meat to cook in his smoker.) That's happening this Saturday -- which is also the season's first trailwork day at Allamuchy, more time in the woods -- and he lives along the towpath, so I may try riding to the party as well.

Meantime, I guess I'll check out the canopy tonight...

UPDATE: I just counted them up. All told, I have 982 photos online.

No comments: