Sunday, January 29, 2006

How To Waste Time On A Sunday

Here I am, sitting in front of the computer: rain has been predicted, so no ride is planned; as I'm typing this I'm drinking blueberry-cinnamon coffee (yuck), surfing the web, reading the blogs and news aggregators, checking all my emails, futzing around at the Super Dimension Fortress (just checking in on the bulletin boards, etc), and, um, watching the chess games hosted over at the International Chess Club -- I'm using xboard, and connecting through their internet chess server, didn't even know such things existed.

Needless to say, what that really means is that I had lunch at the Quadrant yesterday, where a bunch of people were all playing chess. They were also out of the coffee I like, only had enough for themselves until the big Tuesday shipment arrives, and so they sold me a small amount of their, um, less popular beans to get me through until then. I feel like a junkie; I guess I'll have to pick up Chess For Dummies or something, create an excuse to hang out there and await my fix. Back home, the computer consistently whoops my butt; I'm not sure I have the patience to really learn the game.

Anyway, good thing I killed my television, freeing up my life like this, I reeeallly learned my lesson, never again will I sit staring at a screen, mesmerized and turning into a mushroom -- a-and this time I mean it! At the rate things are going, I'll be eating breakfast just as the sun goes down...

Kalidasa's Triumph: My job is done here, it's afternoon now and the rain should start soon, though the radar looks like we're in a bubble of dryness for now. It was beautiful out yesterday; I was going to take some pictures downtown and over by the junkyard, but the camera batteries were dead -- keep your powder dry dammit! All batts are now fully charged; I think I'll eat some breakfast, then go out and take those pictures, so I'll leave you with this artist's conception of the space elevator.

No comments: