Friday, December 03, 2004

Hipster Central

Morning weigh-in: 180#, 12.5% BF

I got home last night, played with the computer for a bit and then went to the gym. It was one of the better nights there, I flew through my workout (which is good since they close early and I arrived late), and really felt like I was hitting a peak. I didn't feel "strong" exactly, but weights seemed lighter and everything felt easy.

I went directly from the gym to Which Brew (get out! really?) where the Sons of Rhythm were playing. More like a drum circle than a band, they were three tribal, rasta-and-hackey-sack-type dudes, with a bunch of bongos, congas, a trap set, and a few more exotic thingies (pan pipes etc). Very, very good actually, though I could see something like this getting old after a few sets -- they'd do pretty good as an opening act, plus maybe an encore guest appearance behind the headlineing band, for some uh, headlining band like that...

Thursday night at the WB is becoming quite the thing for emerging local talent, lotta these cool "under the radar" musicians been playing there the past few weeks, Dave Cahill will be back next Thursday, and much of the Easton arts & music crowd were there last night for the show. Whaddaya know, a local scene!

No comments: