Sunday, September 05, 2004

A Somewhat Lazy Sunday

Morning weigh-in (Saturday): 175.5 #, 12% BF
Morning weigh-in (Sunday): 177#, 11% BF

Just got up maybe a half hour ago, I'll be doing some housework here today, after breakfast at a coffee shop -- not sure which one yet, there's still two in Easton; once upon a time there was a third, actually my first choice for breakfast, but the oners got divorced and the place closed. (I called it a "triple play" when a Saturday involved visits to all three...) Well anyway, Coffee & Tea Time is gone, and I typically eat a breakfast bialy or something at Coffee Works on Saturday -- I did it yesterday -- so Sunday looks like a trip to the Quadrant except I was there yesterday too, got a cup to go and some ground beans during the afternoon errand-fest. Hmmm... I like Coffee Works better, maybe follow instincts & go there -- if they're open today! Decisions, decisions...

Back to "reality:" rode Friday on the towpath, a pretty hot lap since I realized (at Sand Island, the furthest point) that I forgot my clear lenses. All I had was prescription sunglasses so I had to get home before full darkness hit -- made it. Yesterday I felt it in my legs, but went to the gym and ran four hilly miles before working out; today I really feel it...

Stopped by Weyerbacher yesterday, and hung out with T as she closed up, then we went to Porter's for lunch. We both had chores, and she wanted to grab a quick nap so off we went in opposite directions (that's where my afternoon coffee run came in).

My one planned activity was to look at her old 10-speed bike, see if it could be salvaged: it could, and I cleaned up the drivetrain, tightened a few loose screws, shot a spritz of lube here & there, and put some air in the tires. I was able to ride it around the block a few times, though the rear wheel makes a funny noise and the tires are no longer roadworthy (easy replace). If anything else was wrong, there would have been serious problems, since the components and frame are so old that new stuff wouldn't be compatible; one bad item would mean replacing the bike, and she seems pretty attached to it.

I called her later, but she got a chill in Porter's maybe, or whatever but she had a headache and a sore thoat all of a sudden, and stayed in. I went to dinner, Carmine's in Allentown, with the Pinkertons (who have their tandem put together and rode it yesterday) and the Riglers.

Many household chores await me today, but first: coffee!

No comments: