Monday, May 10, 2004

Monday Morning Fly-By

Morning Weigh-in: 179.0#, 14.0% BF (bleagh)

The weekend, hmmmm...

Went to Which Brew for dinner on Friday night, then drifted across the street to Porters Pub. Very punkish drum/bass duo, "Sudden Death," actually very good. Two beers there, plus two beers earlier, and in the morning I'd be running...

Saturday morning was kind of tough, but I only ran a 2 mile warmup then hit the gym. After that I went in to work, for a half day of OT, then got home to find an invite to a BBQ at Brian's, w/ the Pinkertons & Claasens, and a screening of "The Triplets of Belleville" DVD that Brian just bought.

Sunday I was moving slow, ate a huge brunch at the Quadrant, then worked on the bike & went riding at Round Valley Reservoir. I haven't been there in over a year -- more like two years, & this after averaging more than one visit a week for probably the preceding seven years. It was as fun (and stinking hard) as I remembered/expected, but I'd forgotten how beautiful Round Valley is. The best trails are still closed, while the bald eagles nest along the lake; they should be open by August.

Sunday night I ate at Porters (yeah I guess I do like the place after all), another huge meal followed immediately by a trip to Taco Bell. Sigh.

No comments: