Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Situation Normal: back to the obsession(s)

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 10.5% body fat (dehydration?)

Took yesterday off (mainly because of sleep cycle issues) but ran 2 miles this morning, easy pace. Soon I'll have to start kicking in the harder, speed-building workouts. The week off was nice, but my legs were tired this morning.

I was kind of glad to see my weight wasn't too high; I was a little worried that despite the riding, the excess (actually, "excessive" would be the more correct word) calorie intake during vacation would put me way up. (We were joking that we should have another contest: "Lose the Flab from Moab.")

Was up late again last night, working on the computer. I want to burn some CD's, and found that my system only recognizes the CD-RW as read-only. I must recompile the kernel to add a special IDE-SCSI module, then reconfigure LILO to recognize the CD as a SCSI device, and then tweak /etc/fstab. Meantime, I find that if you mount & unmount the USB memory chip, remove the chip & replace it, any further attempts to remount will fail. (However, I did find that adding the Windows partition to /etc/fstab allows non-root write access.) Looks like my Linux "voyage of discovery" continues...

No comments: