Monday, February 09, 2004

Thick as a Brick

Morning weigh-in: 179#, 14.5% body fat

My tri-geek friends sometimes refer to it as a "brick" workout, where you do more than one workout in succession: bike then run, swim then whatever, etc. I used to joke that it was called "brick" because you felt like a ton of them fell on you when you did one... Well, today was a morning run, then weights and spinning. None were radical workouts, but I did the last two back-to-back, and now I feel great, maybe a little tired but it's a good tired...

Just made the best dinner I ever cooked: that pasta with wilted greens, but I also added some tuna in olive oil. Like I said, the best thing I ever ate. I have some apricots with sage and cinnamon and fresh grated ginger waiting in the fridge. Dieting makes me think about food, thinking about food makes me hungry, which makes me eat which makes me gain weight which makes me dietwhichmakesmethinkaboutfood...

My friend Doug emailed me today, a friend of his passed away. Cancer. He was pretty bummed out, & reading his email I knew exactly what he was going through. Well, time heals or so they say, but I'm still waiting.

No comments: