Wednesday, January 21, 2004

a new thing, crashing through

Morning weigh-in: 179.5#, 14% body fat. woo-hoo!

Got up this morning at the early time, and ran. Only 10 minutes because this is an "acclimation period," and I wanted to leave room for bug fixes (note to self: wear a hat), but I was out there. Even with the early rise I managed to get to work late -- the sun glare between Exits 3 and 6 has I-78 pretty much stopped dead every morning. Another week or two and the sun will be up early enough for me to avoid this.

Anyway, once in work I see an email from the IT department, selling old computers & monitors: $25 gets you either a 17" or 19" monitor, with free computer plus maybe a keyboard (no mice) included. So I got one. I talked to a friend & he said the 'puters are old & low end (166 MHz) but the monitors are OK. Dual screen on my main computer, with backup server running maybe Slackware...

Back to work.

No comments: