Friday, January 23, 2004

Asthma Barbie Sez "Breathing ice is hard!"

Morning weigh-in: 179.0#, 13% body fat

Jeebus, it was cold this morning. Ran a little further than yesterday (which was further than the day before), took 12 minutes. A little further and I think I'll have my distance dialed in -- I want to run 15 minutes every weekday morning. Things started out OK, but after a while I thought I was going to puke from respiratory distress. Work week is over, so now I'm getting to go back out for my Friday bike ride. It's about 14 degrees and the snow is a serious nuisance, so we'll see how long I stay out there. It goes without saying that I'm going alone...

The dry air at work (& cold air everywhere) has been irritating my nose, I've been using vaseline to keep things from drying out too bad, and last night I started to get "snot burn" around my left nostril (or maybe it's frostbite, heh heh): nasty, red, swollen & painful, I think I'll be staying in tonight. Joe called, wondered what I was doing and I told him I didn't "feel pretty;" he said "just put some foundation on it." A real riot, that Joe. I could put lipstick on it, make it less red...

Anyway, the new Harper's is here, with the usual jeremiads (Medicare, "The Oil We Eat"), but also an article about Centralia -- I once read somewhere that the town will probably burn for another thousand years. Anyway, good night to stay in.

No comments: