Friday, June 26, 2009

These Things Come In Threes

RIP Michael Jackson: I was never much of a fan (though I did watch the cartoon as a kid), and I would have been just fine if I never heard "Billie Jean" or "Thriller" ever again but they're all over the airwaves... Here is the best elegy so far. So sad in so many ways.
 
RIP Farrah Fawcett: I didn't have the poster, but I think my brother Chris did -- I was always more of a Kate Jackson fan myself, but she turned out to be a really good actress after the Charlie's Angels days. She wasn't as young as Michael Jackson but this is still a bummer.
 
Shine On, Diamond Steve: A high school friend passed away on Tuesday. I still don't know much about the circumstances, but Steve had had health problems recently, maybe diabetes or something, and he was a guy who wasn't likely to walk away from his appetites... Best guitarist that I've ever known personally.
 

3 comments:

HMK said...

I echo your sentiments about Steve.
Did he ever record any music?

HMK said...

I read the "best elegy" re: M. J.
It was so sad.
To see the young eyes and hopeful future in the early childhood pix in 1st tape "Ain't No Sunshine" was really disturbing.
Who stole his life & childhood?
I guess to a degree every child's innocence is taken bit by bit with normal encounters with certain realities of life, but some really suffer such an abnormal & major loss, it results in tragedy
The "stuff" of major literature.

HMK said...

Sorry we got so little time together Sunday.
It was a long trip for you for an old HS friend.
Good luck in all your races etc
Regards to Anne.