Monday, June 22, 2009

The Itch

Morning weigh-in: 176.5, 13% BF
 
Interesting weekend, not much riding...
 
We hit Porters on Thursday night, and saw The Doug Hawke Experience as well as a boatload of the crowds old (Arnie, Rathi, Dave, Bob, Doug & Lori), and new (Judy, Donna).
 
Friday I got in a short ride, maybe 15 miles (and still feeling the effects of the previous weekend) in between chores, then we took off for NJ for Lara's birthday BBQ -- yet more of the old WB crowd, and also some of the yoga/bellydance crowd. Good times, and once again there was an impromptu magic show.
 
Saturday was to be Greg's long road ride, but I took a look at the radar and decided against it. I went to Anne's yoga class instead, then we hung out at Wired for a big chunk of the afternoon. (I got some more done on that MTO program, and finally wrote a makefile for it.) After that we caught a movie (Last Call) at the film festival. Dinner was at the Tally Ho with Donna & Joe, and then we all met Doug & Lori at the Brew Works.
 
Sunday was kind of mellow, but then the sun came out and we took a walk along the canal. I took a bunch of pictures, mostly of turtles (including one huge snapper); I'll probably post them in a day or two, so stay tuned. Dinner was at the Brew works.
 
I was pretty tired yesterday despite not doing much, mainly because I took a bunch of benadryl. Skin problems, eczema sort of simmering along for a month or so, and it really exploded while camping last weekend -- poison ivy? -- then got worse over the past week.
 
Meanwhile: We hadn't seen Anne's friend Deb in a few days, then Saturday afternoon she reappeared on the scene, telling a tale of an insect bite, hives and incipient anaphylactic shock, and driving herself to the hospital -- she did the wrong thing there, but she did one thing right: she said she took benadryl, and a little lightbulb went off over my head... I spent all day yesteerday feeling doped up and lethargic, but the skin is doing much better now.
 
Tonight will hopefully be a towpath ride on the singlespeed, and tomorrow I think I'll bring the road bike to work, and ride before hitting the gym.

No comments: