Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pollinator

Morning weigh-in: 176#, 10% BF
 
Got a bunch of stuff done yesterday, which included mowing the backyard and paying some bills, but the main thing was bringing the Turner in for some service. Saucon Valley Bikes, I just made it there before closing and ran through a huge wish list: new chain, cassette, and crank/BB/chainrings, new pivot kit installed, and the front fork overhauled. Probably take around a week for stuff to arrive, and another several days for the work to be done; I'll be doing a lot of road rides, as well as finally busting out the singlespeed -- I found the missing GPS mount, and so can set up the SS like the others.
 
I was planning on staying in, but I got the call that the Naughty Knitters were going to Brew Works so I met Anne & Company over there. (Two of the company have not been getting along, and the evening was a bit subdued, but it looks at least like things are on the way to being patched up -- I fully expected the traditional Tuesday evening to not happen.) Two Loco Limes and four tacos, and we were out of there.
 
Tonight will probably be the last of the really nice days this week, so I'm doing a road ride, once again exploring the area east of Hellertown. Anne got more meetings, so I'm on my own for food though there's plenty of leftovers, and the garden is now in overdrive.

 

2 comments:

HMK said...

Lucky you with that wonderful garden!

You sound like a homeowner, mowing the lawn!
I assume it's Anne's lawn, not your landlord's (I don't think he actually has a lawn though).

Glad you're fixing up your bike. Like a car- new parts.

Don said...

Back in the day (racing days) I'd replace the drivetrain 3 times a summer. I'm just lazy, I should do it myself...

Yeah we're talking Anne's lawn -- she keeps threatening to photograph me mowing it!