Friday, April 03, 2009

Uh Sih, Sih, Sih, Sih, A-Sisyphus, Hey!

Morning weigh-in (Monday): 174#, 10.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 174.5#, 8.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 172.5#, 11% BF
Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 174.5#, 11% BF
Morning weigh-in (Friday): 176.5#, 10.5% BF
 
So I was going to hit the gym on Monday, and I even brought my bike for a road-ride warmup; instead I took off work early and went to the doctor for that tick bite -- I am now on amoxicillin "just in case," and got an ointment for the bite area's rash. That sort of took the wind out of my sails, so when I got home I just blew off everything physical.
 
Tuesday night was going a Sals ride, but the world conspired to prevent me (worked late, hit traffic, bike routes were under construction, etc) and it almost worked -- almost! I took the lights but I cut the ride short, only riding about 10 miles and needing the light mostly for  the ride home. Trails were in great shape and I had a blast, even saw a few friends out there, but I didn't want to provoke the bike gods any more than they already were. (Strangely enough, that's the same neck of woods where I hiked and got the ticks the other day; Tuesday on the bike was back to my usual experience: nada. Note to self, never stop riding...)
 
Wednesday was yoga (and rainy so I couldn't ride there), yesterday was beautiful but it was a gym day. It's rainy today, and I already canceled the group towpath ride but I will try to sneak something in tonight.
 
I need a leg up -- last week is gone, this week has been a wash, I start over soon with another week's 120 mile quota, and I'm already behind on my miles... Effort equals results, if I'm lucky, and July is getting closer by the day. The weekend is supposed to be nice, maybe I'll do a bit of catch-up.

1 comment:

HMK said...

Your commitment will see you through.Pushing through the mire holding us back is really what clears the way to success.