Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fire In The Belly

Morning weigh-in (Monday): 174.5%, 12% BF
Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 173.5#, 9.5% BF
 
Well, winter is half over, and the days are getting lighter, and I am so behind on my training it's not funny.
 
Weekend Recap:
 
Friday I had off, so I planned to use the day to run some errands -- which really meant that I hiked around Sals with Langston, then drifted over to Wired to get in some quality time with the laptop. Anne was at the library, doing research on local history for her next project, and eventually joined me there, and then Deb came by and we absconded to the Brew Works, where we decided that hamburgers at Rippers was a good idea... I was basically done by 9:00.
 
Saturday started with yoga, then it was back to Bethlehem for a busy day -- we were brewing beer with Anne's niece Lori & her husband Chris. This is a slow process, heat water, cool water, wait for grains to steep, boil stuff etc, lots of downtime (snacktime, BS'ing about music time) between tasks but it took most of the day. When things were finally done and we could leave the beer to ferment, we went over to the Tally Ho. Perry's birthday, we saw a bunch of the old Which Brew crowd -- it really hasn't been that long but it feels like forever since there was a Which Brew and a Which Brew scene -- and caught up with all the news and gossip. I'm happy to say most seem to be doing well and seem happy.
 
We didn't stay long, we were going to see Steve Forbert in Jim Thorpe. Awesome show, just him on stage with guitar and harmonica. I didn't know too much of his newer stuff, maybe a few songs were semi-familiar from Anne's iPod, but he did play "Romeo's Tune" at the end of the night. He also played a song about middle age, which I thought was going to be all like "huh huh, huh huh -- lumbago!" but instead was an extremely heavy look at, well, my life...
 
Sunday was the annual Superbowl of Chili at Pearly Baker's. Me and Anne, Brian, Eric, and we also saw Dick S and his wife, among many others. Seventeen chili entries, then we escaped the crowds by going to Mothers and eventually Porters. Anne drove home, and I napped through the Superbowl, then got up and read a book about infinity.
 
Gadget Alert! I just got a new toy, a Garmin Edge 705 combination GPS and heart rate monitor. I haven't really messed with it much yet, it came last night and I only played a little while it was charging. It looks really sweet so far, but it looks like I'm in for another voyage of discovery too, since the device needs supporting software, and that software don't run on Linux... (The GPS shows up as an external drive and I think I can get to the data, so I'm halfway there.)

1 comment:

P11 said...

if you like coffee, may be you will lie it http://cafep11.blogspot.com/
Cheers!