Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Bela Lugosi's Dead

Morning weigh-in: 171.5, 12.5% BF
 
Some exercise suppression going there, but probably not a lot. I think that's mostly "no dining out for a few days," and "the chili is all gone, if you know what I mean..."
 
White Nose Fever Comes Home To Roost: It looks like that bat-killing epidemic has finally reached Pennsylvania
 
Took the Turner out last night. I was supposed to do a Hellertown hill ride but the roads were just too scary/slippery, I didn't trust the cars I'd run into so I just tooled around the neighborhood, rode down to the towpath and around sand Island, then around in circles through West Bethlehem, mostly just testing out my new toy, which seemed pretty cool -- now I just have to figure out how to get the data out and into a mapping/training program...
 
Bloodbath: We had layoffs here yesterday, including a few in my department. I think I'm safe for now, but it was not a fun day.
 
Tonight is yoga, and tomorrow is the gym. I noticed last night that my heart rate refused to go very high, which is understandable given Monday's intervals -- I need a cardio rest day or two.
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, the layoff situation is very sobering.
How difficult to see colleagues laid off. Many or most with families to support as well.
I hope you are OK
Let us know if we can do anything.

Anonymous said...

Layoffs are all I'm seeing on the few message boards I read. I'm sorry for all of them. I hope you stay secure in your position, Don; and, of course, I wish the same for Doug and Lori, as well as others. It's a terrible situation.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooo, more pics! You and Ann make a lovely couple. Is she one of those fortunate people with naturally curly hair? Love her soft curls. BTW, you're looking really spiffy in that red sweater. It's definitely your color.

Boy, Pearly Baker's gets really jammed for those chili contests. Good crowd. Looks like all were having a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I misspelled Anne's name above.

I looked for Doug and Lori in the crowd at Pearly Bakers but have concluded it might have been during that time that Doug et al went to Ohio to that indoor riding course. He sent me a couple of short videos to watch. For some reason, watching them gave me the feeling of being on a ride at an amusement park.