Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Even More Mobility

Well, here I am in Porter's, wirelessly connected and typing away on my new laptop... had dinner here with Anne and her friend Donna, who are doing the knitting thing. Major hassle with Fed Ex picking it up today, but I do have my new toy: it's a Dell something or other, 15" screen, seems pretty fast, and it runs Ubuntu so I'm still kinda-sorta a Linux purist. More on all this later, gotta run and drink beer.

By the way, the end of last week's vacation was all rainy, so the pattern was: breakfast in a coffee shop (wireless and Anne's laptop), browsing the college town bookstores mid-day, and ending the day at the local brewpub. Life was good, and it still is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news; good life.
I have a Dell lap top too from Amy.
I love it but keep it basically attached to cable outlet in the "computer/pet/art" room.
have fun with new toy!