Friday, April 18, 2008

Ain't She Sweet?

Morning weigh-in: 164#, 9.5% BF
 
I put the Turner back together last night, rode it around the block -- man that thing just feels fast. I love my bike... I'm riding it tonight as a final shakedown, doing the towpath with my friend Stu from Which Brew (his wife told me last night to "kick his ass") then tomorrow I'm taking it over to Sals, doing a group ride after the cleanup. Happy Earth Day!
 
Dinner was leftover root crops (turnips, parsnips, carrots & onions) plus some bread. Did the bike thing, hit the gym, came home & computerized for a bit, then went down to Which Brew. Like I said, I saw Stu & Cathy there, and heard the news (good for them, bad for me) that he just took a new job and they'll be relocating to Tampa soon. Oh well.
 
An Insight: Joking with Doug the other day, I realized that every six months or so I get religion and try to clean the house, and that's when I lose weight.
 
Yet Another Desert Epiphany: This isn't new, and I may have even written about it here before but I was thinking about it on vacation, mainly because I saw Blondie songs being used to sell Febreeze on the TV... I once saw a quote about Blondie, saying that she stole a minor good idea (from Patti Smith), and beat it to death. Now I'm not entirely sure that's true, but it seemed to me like a pretty good way of looking at philosophers: they start with some insight and inflate it into a grand unified theory of everything -- like, the will to power is what makes the world go around, and it also moves the planets in their orbits. Whatever, boys.
 
Riding tonight, riding tomorrow, riding Sunday. Going down to North Carolina next week, and riding some more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Is the trip for pleasure or work (pain!)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

Don said...

I suspect a rat...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm....strange.....very strange. And it gives hugs. (???)

Hope you guys don't come away too sore from the cleanup. Sounds like a long day and lots of work.

Don said...

We're heading down to what I'll call Western North Carolina's main R & D center, where "R" stands for rising, and "D" stands for drinking. We'll be working pretty hard but it's all play.

Don said...

Er, "R" for riding.