Friday, December 14, 2007

In The Shadow Of The Wolf

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 10% BF
 
Well that wasn't so bad! I had the dates mixed up -- the "regifting party" is next Thursday (a-and Which Brew was closed last night anyway because of weather), and the VMB Christmas party is next Friday. Car is still parked where I left it, but there was no snow emergency even though schools (and work here) got out early. Went home, played with the computer, then went to the gym but it was closing too. Porters was still open though, so that's where I went next, had dinner (Irish peasant stew & a cheese plate) and a Corsendonk Chistmas Ale, huge bottle. So, there's some un-suppression in those numbers up there... Usual Porters crowd, but I also saw Tim S there; usually I see him at WB of a Thursday.
 
Went home, prepped the bike for tonight & got the batteries charging. A little more with the 'puter, then early bed. Funny, I've been sleeping well, and with the early bedtimes I've been waking up refreshed every morning about 4:00 AM, then falling back to sleep -- and waking up tired at 6:30. Wazzap widdat?
 
Lycanthrophobia: We used to pay a guy to walk his dog by the lake here, to chase away the geese, but the dog got downsized and now we've got these sort of scarecrow-thingies, very lifelike coyote statues placed here and there around the grounds. It seems to work, but I noticed the other day a colony of geese by one of the evergreen "landscape features," all packed together on the visual leeward side of the bushes -- where they couldn't see the coyotes, and the coyotes couldn't "see" them...
 
(Had a dream last night that I was the sole, severely wounded survivor of the Battle of Little Big Horn, and I was exhausted, dying, lying trapped at the top of a cliff over the Colorado River, and just waiting for the Indians to catch up with me before throwing myself over it. Cut to a medium-long aerial shot, watching my blood cascade down the cliff into the water, where the wolves were waiting in the shallows. Next thing, I'm partway down the cliff, waiting for the wolves to close in, as they move along the cliff face like goats.)
 
Anyway, tonight is the towpath, then maybe WB or just more computer play, and tomorrow is yoga/gym/Jacobsburg, then that dinner party at the Long Valley Pub.

No comments: