Friday, November 09, 2007

Celebrity Bear Stories

Morning weigh-in: 168.5#, 6.5% BF (uh oh)
 
I sent this news article to my friend Dawn to pass on to her sister Heather, who is a bear control officer in New Jersey. Heather sent me back an email: yup, she was involved, and was one of the ones investigating this. She was a little irate at the "lookit the cute bears" tone of the article, thinks that kind of attitude will eventually get someone hurt -- and she's right.
 
Anyway, the VMB meeting at Allentown Brew Works was pretty nice last night. To cap it off, I bought a pair of skis off one of my friends, picked them up after the meeting. Rudy and I went back inside after that, had a beer with Matt who showed up after he got out of class. Like I said, the place is pretty nice -- not as nice as good old Which Brew, and definitely too far away for regular visits, but hey, they are smoke-free... I'll be back there with Joe and Sue tomorrow for the Brew Fest.
 
Tonight is Wrong at Which Brew, after a towpath ride. Early night, since I have a lot to do tomorrow, starting with 8:00 AM yoga and finishing with an 8:00 PM show at Zoellner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bear story WAS stated in such a way that made it sound cute.

I'm so sad. Doug and Lori are probably at the vet's right now, having KoKo put to sleep. He took a turn for the worse. No matter how much we try to prepare ourselves, it still hits like a kick in the gut. He's such a friendly little boy. My heart aches.........we'll miss him as much as we would any family member.

Don said...

Yeah, Doug was telling me the situation the other day. A friend once called it "the final act of kindness," and it's hard but that's what it means to be a responsible pet owner, you pretty much accept tragedy as well as love when you bring a dog into your life. (There are plenty of people in this world I'd rather see dead than most dogs.) I'll have to give them a call tonight.

Anonymous said...

It's been so hard.....so sad...to know Ko-Ko is gone. I see him in my mind's eye, doing all the things that made him "Ko-Ko." Animals are so very special and set such a good example for humans, if only humans would follow the example.....unconditional love. My tears are continual, but they're for someone who's worth the crying. I love him and miss him. I grieve for someone who earned my grief; for I, too, can think of plenty of people in this world I'd rather see dead.