Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Jesus Ate My Homework

Morning weigh-in: 167.5#, 10.5% BF
 
Worked late yesterday, then went to yoga. Stopped off at home, collected laundry and took off for the laundromat... Actually, there was a bit of wasted time in there as well, since I did a little surfing when I got home. My plan was to drop off the wet clothes and then eat dinner at Porter's as it dried; unfortunately I was on "Which Brew time," and since the Porter's kitchen closes earlier than Which Brew's, I now found myself under the gun.
 
Thus it was fated that, walking to the car, I was accosted by a couple walking their dog: "Don? Is that you?"
 
Why yet it was me, and they were my old next-door neighbors, Joe and What's-Her-Name, who moved out about a year ago. I thought they were planning to relocate to Emmaus but they only live a block or so away. I did the polite thing and we chatted, and the next thing you know I was trapped in a Christer commercial, praise Jesus this and praise Jesus that -- when they started talking about forgiveness I said "you'll have to forgive me too, but I gotta go," and absconded. Dropped off the laundry and just about made it to Porter's in time for dinner, praise be. (These peole were not religious when they lived next door, or at least, not in your face religious like that. I wonder what happened since they moved? Whatever, I think I'll avoid them if I can.)
 
Anyway, nice ribeye sandwich for dinner, and then Kirk came in and we had a pretty solid conversation, mostly about green homes technology. (He's the one who emailed me that error-filled flyer, and we got a laugh out of his misadventures, trying to follow their advertised "Green Homes Tour" on Saturday.) He's actually pretty into that kind of thing, architecture & restoration & whatnot, and is now helping Rob with his repointing biz. Yesterday was his first day, and it sounds like it was some heavy labor.
 
Tonight is another late night at work, then the gym, then back to the house project: probably organizing my camping gear -- yikes! I may want to do a fall camping trip when the leaves do change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the movie about the "pods" that took over a person's life when that person fell asleep? I can't remember the title. I swear that's how I'm starting to feel with all the born again's cropping up. Who are they? WHAT are they? How have they multiplied so quickly? To me, it's just another form of brain washing. Listening to their preaching drives me crazy. The scary thing is it feels like the government is being taken over by these creatures, and it scares me.

Don said...

Election year coming up, always brings out the freak in people.